A New Horizon

 There have been many times I have been tempted to plunge my camera into the water to start exploring that expansive world. Well, not really tempted. I care for my camera too much. But I knew that the work that I am doing here would be enhanced by a window into Bonne Bay's lifeblood. So I purchased an underwater camera!


(This is not a product placement but people ask me these things: it's a Kodak Pixpro. Affordable little thing for what it does.)

The first time I plunged it into the water, I held my breath. It didn't feel right to submerge a piece of digital equipment. I got over my fear and started taking pictures. This little camera revealed a world where the horizon was a plane, not a line--where the world I inhabit is out of focus and fragmented. Salt water, covers over 96 percent of the world. That's a pretty big majority. And many of us spend our entire lives without seeing its remarkable beauty and diversity.






Comments

  1. Very neat pictures. Better than I would have expected. This is dad not anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos! And your thoughts Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pictures, Mary! How cold was the water? (HS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering the same - how cold is the water? Does anyone swim there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Those turned out really well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary here! Thank you for the comments. The water is actually fairly warm near the shore. I was surprised by this. You can swim in it. But I walk around in my stylish black rubber boots. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool pictures. Almost feels surreal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts